Sunday, April 12, 2009

Adventure Training Underway

We're well and truly under way with our training. On Good Friday Barry and Lea turned up here and we set off on our MTBs and picked up Paul on the way and we headed off up the Motu Road, over the Meremer and then to Takaputahi. It was a very cold morning but beautiful at the same time.

Just after Takaputahi Lea got a puncture and because we were a tight team we helped her get going again. From there we had this awesomely steep climb through the Torere forest which I really struggled with. However, the charge down to Torere from 560m to sea level was outstanding.

After a feed and chat with Dennis and Colin we headed off for the final 15k home. I really hit the wall and when we farewelled Paul I offered Lea and Barry the opportunity to leave me behind. It did surprise me that they accepted this offer and I struggled home alone! I am sure the team will be stronger as a result of this ride!

Tomorrow we mtb from Barry's up Amokura and then will do a 12k tramp to the trig and down the pipeline to our mtbs. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with how the 'boys' stepped in to do the tire change - what a team!