Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Week of Running and Reflecting

This has been a good week. I have enjoyed getting up at a leisurely time and going for a run before sitting down and doing some planning.

I have been for a run everyday and got up to 14k today which I am rapt with. The only hassle was getting swooped upon by a couple of magpies on Tuesday morning.

Most of the rest of each day has been sitting down and trying to make sense of all of the thoughts that I have picked up on and then think about quite clearly when running and then promptly get confused with by the time I have had a spa and breakfast.

I have been into school a couple of times and feel it is a good way to ease slowly back, without getting in Robyn's way. She is doing a fantastic job.

I have been doing a lot of thinking of how to best build on this strengthening of leadership throughout the school while maintaining sustainability. I am concerned about burn out for Robyn and Lea and I also want to ensure that on my return I don't get dragged back into too much day-yo-day minutae.

I really want to concentrate on curriculum and teaching leadership which will require me spending a lot of time in classrooms.

I am looking forward to the trip to Aussie beginning on Saturday when Andrew, Kurt, Vickee and Teryl and I visit schools in Brisbane. It's people such as these who seem keen to be involved in improving the school.

No comments: