Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting Into The Groove

Yesterday I got up at a leisurely time and went for a run down Tirohanga Rd not knowing how far I would go. As it was I went to almost the end and ran for a total of 50 minutes which was great for me and puts me ahead of where I thought I would be.

I spent most of the rest of the day spraying my track and bank to get it back under control. Destry turned up and told me the broadband was now hooked up. I spent the next several hours installing and making sure it went. It was quite straightforward though I have had trouble connecting the EEE PC tp the wireless modem, but hope I have now solved it.

I was pleasantly surprised with the telecom helpdesk; I didn't have to wait longer than 1 minute to get a person and they were very helpful. I gave them top marks in the survey at the end of the call!

So we're now up and away with broadband and I can't believe the difference!

This morning I got up a bit later than I wanted (Father's Day afterall) and went for a 70 minute run. I am rapt with how the running is going. As I returned I caught up with Marg and Shirley whom I haven't seen for about 3-4 months. They were about to go for a ride with Leigh. I have an hour or so of peace and quiet before they return!

All of this down time is a bit dangerous as I am starting tp bring together my thoughts for Opotiki College as a result of the sabbatical. I am excited about the power of wikis to put my thoughts out there and for staff to comment on.

In three weeks time I will have finished my sabbatical report which will include my plans. These plans involve buildings, teaching pedagogy and support structures. I'll let you know when the wiki is up as I would welcome comments from all.

Looking forward to the September school holidays. I feel a bit tired!

3 comments:

Eryn said...

Once you have Broadband there is no going back! We love it and it brings the New alive.
Happy Fathers Day!

Eryn said...

Ooop

that should be Net

Opotechie said...

Cool to see you've gone wireless. We have had it for two years now and when the kids are home sometimes have up to 4 laptops on line at once all through my one modem - even my dad who lives downstairs! Unfortunately that chews through my Gb's really quickly!